Terms & Conditions
Please read our terms & conditions below.
- Nominations open between Monday 15th July to Monday 5th August, 2019 for all categories.
- Nominees are then contacted to see if they wish to participate. If they do, they will be emailed a Submission Form.
- A business, except in the Local Outlet of Parent Company, Franchise or Buying Group, must be responsible for all financial, marketing and business decisions.
- A business who has won the previous year cannot re-enter the same category the following year.
- Upon entry businesses must be able to confirm a sound financial position.
- Applicants may enter up to two categories.
- All entries (including copies) will remain the property of the Mareeba Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards and will not be returned.
- The judges, organisers and sponsors will not be held liable for any actions, or losses incurred as a result of entering, judging or participating in the awards program.
- A Business entering the awards must be located within the council boundaries of the Mareeba Shire. In the situation where a business has sub-branches located within Mareeba Shire, this will be up to the judge’s discretion.
- Sponsors of the 2019 Business Excellence Awards are eligible to enter; however, they may only submit applications in categories they are not currently sponsoring.
- Submission forms must be submitted by 5pm Monday 26th August, 2019. Entries received after that date will not be accepted.
- Upon submitting an entry in the 2019 Business Excellence Awards you consent to being contacted by the Mareeba Chamber of Commerce and your contact details being passed onto sponsors of the 2019 program.
- Business of the Year Award will be a Category Winner selected by the 2019 Business Excellence Awards judging panel.
- Agree to the Mareeba Chamber of Commerce, its employees, officers, agents and contractors making images or recordings, whether sound, digital or otherwise, of me and the business (“Images and Recordings”); using, publishing or reproducing the Images and Recordings in any form (in whole or in part) and by any medium, including but not limited to newspapers, magazines, brochures, television advertisements, promotional videos, websites, CD-ROM or other multi-media, for public relations, promotions, commercial and advertising purposes (“Promotional Materials”); and retaining or storing the Images and Recordings (including those incorporated into Promotional Materials), in hard copy or digitally.